• To create community pride in our historic homes
• To plaque qualified century homes
• To promote and contribute accurate research to the Historical Society’s archive of century plaqued homes.
We welcome you to unravel the mysteries of your historic home by investigating its origins, structural history and chain of ownership. We encourage you to do your own research. If you wish, you may hire an accredited researcher, from those listed on the Ohio Historic Preservation Office website, to help you.
Broad criteria for your home:
• in Chagrin Falls Village or Township
• 100 years or older
• has the original lines substantially visible
• may have additions that are less than 75% of the original square footage of the house and that preserve its integrity and scale as determined by the Plaque Committee
• may not have cladding material such as aluminum or vinyl siding or brick veneer
If you do your own research: verification fee $125 + plaque $225 = Total $350.
If you hire an accredited researcher: plaque = $225.
Chagrin Falls Historical Society 440-247-4695 or [email protected] for additional information, eligibility questions, or researchers. The Plaque Committee will help you get started plus there is a “how to research” file, filled with information and helpful hints at the Historical Society.
• Cuyahoga County https://fiscalofficer.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/REPI.aspx
• Cuyahoga County Recorder https://fiscalofficer.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/RecordedDocumentsServices.aspx
• Cuyahoga County Archives 216-443-7250 or [email protected]
• Sanborn Fire Maps www.oplin.org/databases
• Serving as an eligibility aid is https://chagrin-falls.org/download/CF%20Design%20Guidelines.pdf
• Listing of accredited researchers