This great postcard dates from around 1910. It shows a view looking South up the hill on S. Main street. The building just past the hotel is now the Re-Max Realty Company.
Corner of Washington and Franklin Streets. The building on the right was Henry Church’s Blacksmith shop. The Masonic Hall and Lowe’s TV are there today.
Triangle Park – the Bandstand wasn’t built until 1877
Three years later trees have been planted and there is a new bandstand
Circa 1911 looking South from North end of Triangle Park
Fourth of July Parade 1915 on N. Main St.
A Public Wedding followed the 4th of July Parade!
Pearl St. is now known as W. Washington St. This view is looking west and shows the Interurban tracks. Circa 1910.