In 1873 the Union Fair Association purchased 34 acres on the South side of east Washington Street. They built a race track and stadium and the facility was used for the Cuyahoga County Fair until the 1920’s. This site is now the Campus of Chagrin Falls High School, Middle School and Board of Education offices. The stadium is still in use for a multitude of sports and community activities.
A trotter race at the Fairgrounds
The County Fair
A wheelbarrow race!
A view showing the stadium