The cornerstone for the new High School building on Philomethian St. was laid on June 28, 1914. Residents passed a levy to raise $50,000 to build this new building. The modern Colonial Revival/Craftsman style building made Chagrin the envy of surrounding communities. The new school had 2 electric lights in each room and a bubble fountain (drinking fountain) on every floor and a gymnasium.
Chagrin became one of the only schools in the area to offer a full high school curriculum. Students from western Geauga County and surrounding communities paid tuition to attend the High School. In 1915 Domestic Science, sewing and cooking, were added to the curriculum as was a manual training department to teach what was then known as shop (use of machinery and tools).
Sports teams, clubs and other extra-curricular activities provided a well-rounded education and made the school the center of community activities. The High School was located here for almost 50 years.